2010年7月1日 星期四

021 (A) put sb in the middle of it (B) take it out on sb

Ross

put someone in the middle of it 讓某人左右為難

Don't put me in the middle of it.

不要讓我左右為難,不好做人

take it out on someone 將某人當出氣筒

A: I know you're upset about not getting the promotion, but don't take it out on me.

我知道你對沒有升職感到很難過,但是別把氣發洩在我身上

B: You are right. I'm sorry

妳說得對。對不起

Ben
put someone in the middle of it 讓某人左右為難
I don't want to be the third wheel. Don't put me in the middle of it.
我不想當電燈泡。不要讓我為難。
Suggestion: third wheel is when a third person hangs out with a couple, not for an argument.

take it out on someone 將某人當出氣筒
He is a terrible father. He always takes it out on his kids when he is drunk.
他是個糟糕的父親。每次他喝醉,他就拿他小孩出氣。
Suggestion: You need to define "it" in a previous sentence if you want to write this. Or you can say: He always takes his anger and frustration out on his kids when he is drunk.
Heidi
That's the beauty of hindsight. 那是事後孔明/ 後見之明

Man, "Well, if we could have been careful enough, you won't get pregnant."
男人: "如果當初我們小心一點, 你就不會懷孕了"
Woman, "It's only the beauty of hindsight! Now It's a done deal. What you want to do with the baby?"
女人:"那是後見之明啦! 現在生米已經煮成熟飯了. 現在你要怎麼處理寶寶的事?"
Kate
put someone in the middle of it
Because the two candidates are so outstanding,it puts the judges in the middle of it.
因為這兩個候選人都很優秀~它使裁判陷入兩難

Take it out of someone
Don't take it out of your family,you will regret doing this
不要把脾氣發在家人身上~你將後悔做這件事

沒有留言:

張貼留言