2011年2月16日 星期三

136 (A) like a charm (B) turn in

Ross

(work) like a charm 有神效、真靈

A: Did you take my advice and use that line on her?

你有聽我的勸告跟她說那句話嗎?
B: Yep, it worked like a charm. We are going out tonight!

有,真管用。我們今晚要一起出去玩!
A: How did that new facial mask work?

那種新面膜效果如何?
B: Like a charm! My pimples are all gone.

真靈!我的痘痘全沒了。

turn sb in 舉發,告發

The fugitive was turned in by his ex-girlfriend.
那個逃犯被他從前的女朋友告發了

A: I caught Jim cheating on the test.

我抓到Jim考試作弊

B: Are you going to turn him in?

你要去舉發他嗎?

Ben

(work) like a charm 有神效、真靈

Aromatherapy worked like a charm. I relaxed and had a deep sleep last night.

芳香療法真有效。我昨晚完全放鬆,睡得很好。

turn sb in 舉發,告發

The hit-and-run driver turned himself in to the police the day after the accident.

這個肇事逃逸的司機在車禍隔天就自己去自首。

Kate
sentences
Sue
sentences

沒有留言:

張貼留言